Wednesday, July 2, 2008

8 Days, 2 Half Ironman

My recovery over the past two weeks since the Victoria Half has gone really well. I haven't ran much, only 1 run of 8.5k, but my legs felt really good for it. And I have been swimming really well and biking even better. I am going to be taking a few days of biking from now until the race because this past week I have loaded on nearly 400km of riding.

I have changed my goals for the upcoming two races. 

Here are the stakes as they stood last week.

Osoyoos (July 6th) - Nationals/Provincial championship. Greater prizes for winning.

Vancouver (July 13th) - Simply part of the Subaru West Coast Series (Not important Race), But two of my friends are  racing it as well (competition), and being in Vancouver my friends could come watch. 

Now here are the stakes as they stand today (Few Changes).

Osoyoos -  Exactly the same.

Vancouver - Kevin nor Facundo are racing, meaning I don't know anyone in the race. It is still in my new hometown meaning friends can come watch, but really my placement doesn't matter anymore.

So, what I think I will do now is kill myself in Osoyoos, try and podium, if not win my age group. And then make Vancouver into a survival race. I'll still go as hard as I can in Vancouver, but it won't matter as much how well I do.

On an added note. Doug is racing Osoyoos, and not that I am really competing against him because he is in another age group. I will be racing to try and hold him off for the run this time. I have a lot of confidence in my running from last week and hope I can carry that with me.

I'll have a race update tomorrow forecasting my race goals. But for now at least, everyone knows what I'm expecting.

Also, weather in Osoyoos is looking fantastic for racing, 25*C and overcast. A significantly better forecast than last years (40*C).

I'll leave you with a photo from one of my rides on the weekend. I just bought a new cycling kit, its Francaise des Jeux, one of my favorite pro-tour teams and I will be cheering them on this weekend as Le Tour de France begins.

1 comment:

Daniele Hohol said...

FUCKING GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY favorite kit ever!

:)