Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mile Showdown

The Mile. Amongst the most grueling physical activities ever designed by man. On Wednesday October 21st, 2009 the UBCTC will be running a Mile on the UBC Track.

There is much speculation as to how it will unfold. Will it be a predictive victory, or will a dark horse prevail?

Already the taunting has begun. No matter how much is said, it will all be decided out on the field.

To commemorate this awesome of evenings, a social gathering will be had at the Gallery after the event where stories can be told to describe the pure athleticism that was seen that night.

To elevate the excitement around the mile, I present to you the Miracle Mile, run not 20 kilometers from where we will be running 55 years ago.


I have already mentioned many times that I would try and run a fast mile. Each time I've declared this, I've either been sick or had work issues which have prevented me from even stepping up to the line.

Tomorrow that all changes. I don't know if I will be able to run sub 5 tomorrow. At this point I think thats a little too ambitions. But one thing is certain and that is that it will hurt.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Totally rad video.

I know I've probably harped on about it before but you HAVE to read The Perfect Mile.

Anyway, best of luck in the mile.

Cheers,

Ulyana said...

How did it go?