Thursday, August 26, 2010

Learning to Run

I just read this on Brad Cunningham's blog. An elite runner from the Vancouver area. He is coming back after a year or so off of running.

The road back to feeling like a runner is 50 hours long.

The road back to feeling like a runner is 600km long.

The road back to feeling like a runner costs 46,000 calories.

It is not a long road, but it is one that requires patience, perseverance, and consistency.

And the road back to feeling like a runner just gets you to the start of the longer road to becoming a runner.

Next step.

I like this because I feel this is where I am at right now after the concussion and the ankle injury. I am finally able to run again and work on improving. I don't think I am running at the same level as Brad, therefore it won't quite take me that long. Yay for shortcuts!


1 comment:

Ulyana said...

Cool... i like to quantify things like that...