Saturday, June 21, 2008

Victoria Half Iron Predictions

So this will be really quick seeing as how Jody is coming to pick me up in 20 minutes. But I've set some really hight expectations for myself this race.

Its a 1.9k swim so I want to go the same if not faster than last time. Anything in the range of 29:30 will make me happy though.

The bike course depending on where you look is 86.5 or 87k. For this I want to go 2:30. I don't know if this is possible because I hear its rolling hills the whole way. How long that means. I'm not too sure. But I'll be out there still giving it my all. I felt good on the run last time, so I think I could burn thru a little more energy on the bike.

Finally, for the run, being a more popular race, I'm hoping for there to be more action on the run than last time where I ran 75% of the half marathon without seeing anyone. If there are more people there. Hopefully someone will come blazing behind me who I can tag onto. Sounds strange hoping someone passes you, but thinking about it, if I am catching up to someone, it is unlikely they will pace me any faster. My run split is also ambitious, but I think highly attainable, I want to go 1:35. This would finish me in 4:35. Now I haven't included transitions here, and being a much larger field, there is a chance that I will need to take 2-3 minute transitions instead of 45 seconds like in Shawnigan. Thats always a wildcard, and not much I can do about that.

So wish me luck. You can follow the progress live here on Sunday morning.

No comments: