Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nearly Killed By a Carrot

To begin, I suppose I will explain the title. I was laying down doing my stretches earlier, and whilst eating a carrot nearly choked. Instead of panic running through my head screaming "I CAN'T BREATHE!" I was thinking to myself how embarrassed I would be had I died from a carrot. Needless to say, since I am still here writing, I managed to cough out the carrot and continue my stretches. Damn vegetables. They're trying to get me.

Vegetable count, yesterday I unfortunately stayed at work late (only got home at 11pm), and was supposed to do groceries but wasn't able to. Net result; my vegetable day count ended at 9 days. I didn't make it to the grocery store today either, however, sorry Rob, but I stole some carrots. Finally after all those comments, you can finally say "Feed the Warrior" and have it count.

Other exciting news. I got my racing flats from New Balance today. Just to explain how cool they are. Take your typical running shoe. Any normal Asics, Adidas, NB, Nike, Mizuno, etc. Well, the shoes that most of you own that are considered nice "light" running shoes come in around 13-15 ounces. A really nice "lightweight" trainer that typically gets adults impressed come in around 10 ounces. These new puppies of mine, come in at 5.5 ounces. Its pretty sweet, its like wearing nothing at all.

A few people have asked if I will be wearing them for the marathon on sunday. The answer to that is no. Since they are so lightweight, they don't offer any support which is fine for distances up to half marathon, however, I don't think it would be wise running the full 42.2 km on un-supportive shoes.

Here is a photo, sorry, but I seem to have misplaced my camera, so it was taken with the crappy webcam on my computer and the sweet colors don't show as brilliantly as they should.


In other news, Marta and I went to go see the new Michael Cera movie, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist at which point I had my manliness put into question. When the movie ended I was thinking, not bad, I enjoyed that quite a bit. Then Marta looks at me and says, "Sorry, that was a major chickflick." hmmm, not too sure what to think of my stance on that one. Oh well, at. least I'm sporting a sweet beard which could be turned into an amazing mustache at a moments notice to make up for it.

Anyways, I'll probably have another post this week before the big race. I mainly just wanted to show the new shoes since I was all pumped to find them at my door.

Bye Bye

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your shoes are beautiful.

Maybe you should stick to just eating tangerine segments, y'know, like they feed toddlers because they're less choke-able, or maybe raisins...

Anonymous said...

Feed the warrior 20lbs..... of carrots.

elspeth said...

the last 2 posts were the best ever

Vincent said...

I'm glad I could entertain