Friday, April 23, 2010

Wake Up Call

Last night went out for a ride. Was going to be a quick and easy 25k before doing a short run. While out on my ride a friend of mine, Eric Suess who I have mentioned before FLEW by me on his bike. He was doing intervals so I decided to stick with him in his draft for as long as I could. Well, that didn't last too long. Last summer we were pretty much tied on the bike. It would appear as though that is no longer the case. I guess I need to get myself back in gear or else it will be a long summer.

In other news, my friend Kory is running his first Ultramarathon (50 miles / 80km) this weekend in Olympia Washington. Myself, his wife and a friend from the states are all going to watch/cheer on and crew the race. I'm pretty excited. Full report when I get back!

3 comments:

Derek WL said...

You'll do it man.
You got to a pretty sweet level last year and you can definitely do it again!
JUST DONT GET ANOTHER CONCUSSION!

The Boring Runner said...

blah, that is humbling. I remember when I just got my bike and I rode on the IM AZ course for a bit - i got BLOWN by all sorts of guys. Boooo

Eric said...

Haha thanks Vince, now I just have to learn to swim/run and I might be able to compete with you!