Monday, February 2, 2009

Something funny in the blog world


For any of you who know me, you'll know I love statistics. As a result I've got the site stat tracker going on for this site. My typical site activity is in the range of 15-50 hits a day depending on if I am frequently posting or leaving a trail on other blogs. However today something funny happened. My stats were around 40 hits when I left for my run at 5 and when I got back at 6 were up to 82. I didn't know what was up, and the strangest thing, is that normally when I get a lot of hits like that its the result of posting on someone else's blog and then people linked that way. Today that wasn't the case at all, and when I look at the IP addresses they come from all over the world. Check it out.



I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone in any of the following places. But take a look, Vincent's Ramblings is apparently international!

- Scarborough,Tobago,Trinidad And Tobago
- Madison Heights, Michigan, United States
- Atlántida, Canelones, Uruguay
- New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Oslo, Norway
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Córdoba, Cordoba, Argentina
- Orem, Utah, United States
- Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
- Toluca, Mexico, Mexico
- Sampaloc, Rizal, Philippines
- Londrina, Parana, Brazil
- Malang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
- Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
- Tokyo, Japan


Had anyone else noticed this on their blog? When I look
at the incoming link it tells me address undefined 404,
so who knows.

Anyways, interesting nonetheless.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

so popular

Vincent said...

you know it

MJ said...

Maybe it's because you put "Sticky" and "Wet" in the title of your last post.... what do most people do online?

You should have seen my numbers from the "S&M" blitz....

Anonymous said...

Ya I've put in some good miles but nothing really hard so I'll stay fresh/injury free (knock on wood). I dunno how I ended up Simon's blog-roll. Me and a buddy sometimes swim at the same time as the Tri Can group and we've actually swam in the same lanes but done different workouts. They're rather fast.

Ulyana said...

HAHA, I like MJ's comment. It's a good blog, so there you go ;)